TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note, the following Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
Unless by prior arrangement, no goods will be transferred until paid for in full.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
To see our most popular sources of business.
Disclosure of personal data
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment purposes.
We will not disclose your personal data to other companies within our group or third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data in cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
Refunds and returns
- Refunds will only be paid on request and are at the discretion of Shippingbooks.com. Whilst we attempt to administer all requests as soon as possible, during busy periods of the year, your request may take 2-3 weeks to be processed.
- All authorised refunds are returned to source, where source can be established. For fees that are paid by credit/debit card (either online or offline) refunds will be credited back to the card charged with the original payment.
- Shippingbooks.com will not refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations, or offer compensation for any bank or other charges incurred.
- In exceptional cases where a refund has to be made to a parent or a 3rd party, authorisation should be obtained from the original payer prior to the refund being processed.
- Books may be returned for refund or exchanged within fourteen (14) days after books are delivered. A condition of refund or exchange for returned books is that the customer state in writing to Shippingbooks.com the reason for return. No refunds will be given thereafter.
- Book refunds are accepted only if the products are undamaged and in perfect condition.
- Customers are responsible for checking the condition of their books and other products when received. Shippingbooks.com is not responsible for the condition of the item once it has been dispatched. If there is any question about the condition of the book, please contact Shippingbooks.com within fourteen (14) days of purchase.
- No refunds or exchanges will be agreed if the book is fully or partially read, used, marked, bent, torn or if the spine is cracked, or if other products are worn in any way.
- A 15% administration fee will be charged on all Shippingbooks.com refunds.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on www.shippingbooks.com. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
To the full extent permitted by law, you agree that neither this company, nor its directors, partners or employees are liable for any damages arising out of use or in connection with the content, information, materials or products of this website.
We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect damages, any loss of data, income or profit or damage to property and third party claims, from the use of this site.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.